Eagles Week One Review: Hot Takes and Quick Hits
- Sam Bradford was holding Nelson Agholor back the whole time.
- Jason Peters has the best hands on the team.
- Trey Burton will put up better numbers that Zach Ertz.
- Brandon Graham is going for his 32 sacks.
- Robert Griffin III is finished. This was like the Dallas game where Troy Aikman realized he was done.
- Rodney McLeod is the GOAT.
- Beau Allen is the new Dan Klecko …#Championship.
- The inconsistency that is Jordan Matthews astonishes me. On one play, he drops a ball on a crossing route with no one in sight (happened twice) and then he’ll lay out for a ball thrown low and catch it.
- Agholor looked very good. Caught all four targets and his touchdown beat Joe Haden.
- This team will go as Ryan Mathews goes.
- For as well as Carson Wentz played, the best Eagle on the field was punter Donnie Jones.
- Wentz, for all the love that he gets for standing in the pocket to make the throws, is going to get himself injured by doing so. Smart kid needs to smarten up and not take so many shots. Teams are gunning for his ribs.
- The Eagles defensive line punished RG3 all night, but it was rookie Jalen Mills who delivered the knockout blow.
- Kenjon Barner had the most “explosive play” ability on the field. He’s the next Darren Sproles.
- The cornerbacks are going to get burned. It happens when teams take shots down the field. They’ll be okay (please elevate CJ Smith).