We feel you, Mase. (Photo credit: Amy Irvin (38Photography))
The Flyers played four games over the last week, and boy, were they ugly. Now the team is riding a four-game losing streak heading into this weekend, when they will take on Columbus on Saturday night (a team they lost to last Friday). We keep hearing the same excuses, about needing consistency and to play the full sixty minutes and blah blah blah. At least the Flyers played with some fire against Minnesota last night. Here’s hoping they can get their stuff together and win a game this weekend. In the meantime, check out the stories from Pattison Ave from the past week, in case you missed them:
- Recapping the aforementioned loss to Columbus on Friday night, Scott Hartnell’s first game back in Philadelphia after being traded.
- The Lehigh Valley Phantoms defeated the Toronto Marlies on Saturday, despite having to face a rare six-on-three in the final minutes.
- Updates on Flyers prospects, including Scott Laughton, Nick Cousins, Taylor Leier, and more.
- Jakub Voracek was at the top of the Power Rankings for the second week in a row, while Mark Streit and Brayden Schenn climbed.
- A recap of the Phantoms’ week, a relatively quiet one with just two games against Wilkes-Barre and Toronto.
- Hey, Scott Laughton got called up! #GirouxGate
- The third installment of the Flyperbole Podcast, where #GirouxGate, Voracek, Vinny Lecavalier & RJ Umberger, and more were discussed.
- The Flyers basically pooped the bed in a 2-0 loss to the Rangers on Wednesday night.
- Exploring the recent struggles of the usually consistent and underrated Matt Read.
- Eric Lindros and John LeClair were inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame on Thursday night, and we posted a bunch of videos to get you pumped up.
- …Unfortunately, the Flyers could not secure a win on Hall of Fame night and fell 3-2 to the Minnesota Wild.
- The defense is not pretty, and Andrew MacDonald’s turnover against the Wild showcased their shortcomings.