G looks like how I feel about this past week.
Photo credit: Amy Irvin (38Photography)
It’s becoming more and more painful to watch the Flyers as this season goes on. Their dismal 2-7-1 record in their last ten games is just unacceptable when you think of some of the talent on this team. But! They are where they are, and as much as we piss and moan about how terrible they are and how we’ll never see a Stanley Cup in our lifetimes, we’re still sticking with them. Aren’t we?
While it hasn’t been that great of a week for the team, they at least had one bright spot – absolutely demolishing the Tampa Bay Lightning 7-3 on Monday night. Let’s look back on fonder memories with a recap of that game, and more, in case you missed it:
- A loss to the Bruins is bad enough, but it’s even worse when your starting goaltender (and arguably one of the best players on the team) gets injured in the process.
- Taking a look at Nicolas Aubé-Kubel, the Flyers’ second-round 2014 draft pick.
- The Flyers 2014 Year in Review, in which we noted key moments from an otherwise lackluster year.
- Here’s the recap of that Flyers/Lightning game, a reminder that this team knows how to take down a strong opponent (even though they rarely do).
- A call for patience during these rough Flyers times — hey, they’re not out of it yet!
- What could the team possibly get in return for trading away one of their best defensemen, Mark Streit?
- Checking in on the team’s progress in zone exits after the first half of the season.
- Looking back at this week in photos for both the Flyers and Phantoms.