Lassi Lappalainen and Orji Okwonkwo both had braces as Montreal pounded the Union 4-0 on Saturday night.
Union first XI: Blake, Real, Gaddis, Trusty, Elliott; Aaronson, Bedoya, Medunjanin, Fabián; Picault, Przybylko
Instead of embracing the Negadelphia fear that the sky is falling (or going over this match in excruciating detail), I will list some reasons why this match is just a bump in a long road to the playoffs.
1. Jamiro Monteiro didn’t play.
2. Andre Blake wasn’t himself.
3. Kai Wagner was suspended.
4. Winning on the road in MLS is HARD.
5. The Union are still sitting pretty among the top teams of the East.
As long as the team continues to possess the ball, they will be fine. They sorely miss Monteiro’s ability to break up plays and win the ball. If they lose like this with Wagner and Monteiro in the lineup, then it’s time to panic. Until then, we just wait.