How Does Sports Gambling Work?
Are you thinking of giving sports betting a go but have no idea how to start? Well, check out our guide below where we show you everything you need to start making bets and winning some extra cash!
How To Choose A Gambling Site?
The first step to start placing wagers on your favorite team or athlete is finding a betting site. There are so many different sites out there but many aren’t worth your team. To find a top tier sportsbook you should rate each platform based on the following criteria:
Licensed – You should only bet at licensed sports sites as these platforms are tightly regulated and offer a much more secure environment than non-licensed sites.
Bonuses – We recommend you find a sportsbook that offers a wide range of lucrative bonuses such as free wagers and bonus cash which are easy to claim and withdraw.
Customer Support – It is important you gamble at a sports site with strong customer support because you don’t want to have something go wrong with your account and have nobody to help you. The best sports sites have 24/7 customer support which can be reached via live chat, email, and phone and are always ready to assist.
Payment methods – We recommend you stick to sportsbooks with a wide range of safe and secure payment methods. The top wagering sites let you deposit and withdraw instantly via e-wallets, cryptocurrency, bank transfer, and credit and debit cards.
Gambling markets – Before signing up at a sportsbook make sure they offer the sport you want to bet and your favorite wager types. There is no point wanting to gamble on ice hockey only to find out the site you created an account on doesn’t have any ice hockey markets.
Once you have found a betting site that excels in all of the criteria we described above you now need to sign up which we will show you how to do in the next section!
How To Sign Up At A Sportsbook?
After tracking down the perfect sports gambling site which is fully licensed, has the best gambling markets, tonnes of bonuses, 24/7 customer support, and secure payment methods it is time to create an account. To register at a sportsbook simply follow these steps:
- Open the sportsbook’s website or download the app (many sportsbooks have a dedicated app for Android and iOS devices)
- Click register – There is usually a button in the top right-hand corner
- Type in email and choose a password and username – Make sure your password is extra strong and you write it down somewhere so you don’t forget!
- Share basic information such as DOB, name, residence, currency, and mobile number
- Claim a bonus – During the signup phase, the sportsbook will ask if you would like to unlock a welcome offer. To accept you just click a box or select yes. Once you accept a bonus it will be sent directly to your account after you make a deposit.
- Confirm your account – The sports betting site will typically send you a confirmation text or email with a code or link
This whole process can be completed in less than 5 minutes. Please remember that to create an account and successfully sign up at a betting site you must be 18 years or older and have an email and mobile phone number. Once you are signed up you are almost ready to start wagering you just need to deposit.
How To Deposit At A Sportsbook?
After successfully opening your gambling account you just need to complete the final step before you can finally start wagering, depositing. To deposit and add funds to your just follow these steps:
- Login in to your account – Go to the site’s website or open the app and type in your email and password.
- Navigate to the cashier’s section
- Select your payment method – You can choose from cryptocurrencies, e-wallets, bank transfers, and credit/debit cards.
- Choose the amount you wish to deposit – Some sites place limits on the amount you can deposit but typically you can deposit a minimum of $10 and a maximum of $10,000.
- Fill in your payment details – You will have to enter your home address, full name, card or bank number, or cryptocurrency address
- Confirm your deposit – Make sure you double-check your details are correct otherwise it be declined
These steps only take a few minutes and the good news is that at most sportsbooks you can deposit instantly and free of charge so you don’t have to wait long to start gambling! Also, note if you claimed a bonus once you deposit it should be automatically available in your account.
How To Place A Sports Bet?
Now you have finally top up your account with some funds and successfully claimed your bonus it is time to put that to good use and make some wagers. To start gambling follow these steps:
- Select the sport you want to bet on – Choose from all kinds of sports such as football, tennis, boxing, MMA, basketball, American football, and more
- Choose a particular game – There are hundreds of daily sporting events to choose from
- Select your sports bet type – Make a range of bets including match result, handicap, and over/under
- Type in the amount you wish to bet on sports – We recommend you start by making smaller bets and then increase the size once you start winning
- Confirm your sports bet – Check all the details because once the bet has been accepted you typically can’t cancel it or alter it
It really is that simple to place a sports wager! You make a bet in under 1 minute!
Time To Gamble On Sports!
After checking out our guide you are now an expert on all things sports betting! It is time to put that new knowledge to use and place a wager. Remember to start small!